repeat repeat repeat

Do you ever hold back because of what others think?
Do you ever get the nudge to praise or step out and do something odd?
Well today and many many times lately I let fear of man stop me dead in my tracks. I know the truth that God is not a God of fear but of love and power and of sound mind, and yet I find myself camped out in fear before I confess fear as sin and claim truth and walk away trading my lie for His truth!

I was traveling through Ephesians, I believe it was chapter 5 or 6 and God reminded me there to please him out of a sincere heart not please men out of eye service....
... then as I noticed a Bible opened on a nightstand I picked it up to see what this one may be reading and it was Luke 11 where it told me they kept quiet because they loved the praise of men rather than God....

God in his ever present drawing himself to me continues to hold out the truth of HIMSELF...

These last few messages have come to me months after he gave me another verse reminding me to love Him more than I love being loved by people. I love how Gods grace continues to keep putting the light switch on in the dark corners of my heart and THEN he says I will clean that corner out!! That's how GREAT of a God we have!! I said to my husband where else in life can we fail miserably and still be loved so immensely! His robe of righteousness is HIS robe that he gave to me!!

This morning after seeing the Bible on the nightstand I left for a little exercise and found myself running past rocks and tears began to pour out of my face as God so pointedly reminded me that if I keep quiet the rocks will cry out. Will I praise Him today? Will I speak truth in places it is hard? Will I love the people in my life with His gracious truth giving life??

Luke 11:40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

Where have you shouted out His praises lately? Where is he asking you to love Him more than any other thing? Where is he asking you to love others in community and not on your island?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145