Just Jesus?

So....I am reading my Bible this morning and I come to this verse in Philippians. It says "And My God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus. The next verse that pops into my head is from Psalm 23:1. By the way...verses normally do not pop into my head...I am ever so thankful God in His mercy put the Bible in print! So...the verse in Psalms say. The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.

So...I don't know about you but I have a list of a lot of good things I am asking God for right now. I am not asking for a new car, an RV or a vacation. I am asking for good things that I am sure He would consider good holy needs. Really? Maybe? I read that verse in Philippians and I started breaking it down in my head and I landed on the last phrase. "In Christ Jesus".

What are my needs? What is one thing I need the most in my life? From the day I was born I had one need and one need alone. When did the rest of my needs start to appear?

Wouldn't God want to heal my husband with 4 children? That surely is a need! Wouldn't God want to turn a child's heart around to worship Him and receive His love? Wouldn't God want to bless me with a vacation with my family so we could grow closer as family and give Him glory? Wouldn't God want to heal the sickness of a family member? Wouldn't that bring Him glory?

So...What about the Philippians and Psalm verse. What is my basic need and has God already met it? Where did He meet it? Where is Jesus sitting today?

So...The Lord is my shepherd but I also want... and ... and...because I think they are good needs, nope... the verse finishes with, I shall not want. Someone asked me how I was doing yesterday and I said the normal...good...to which I asked her how are you doing? Her reply...content! LOVE IT!!

Lord would you remind me each day that my needs are taken care of at the cross of Jesus where He said "It is finished." Thank you for you amazing mercy and grace in our relationship that I can ask for the things on my heart and present them to you with thanksgiving and know you hear me. Thank you Lord for providing what I needed most, a Savior that got a hold of my heart and showed me my sin and then showed me the cross where your Son paid it ALL! Lord help me to be content with every circumstance the hard ones and the easy ones today! You really are enough! You have met all my needs with the riches of Jesus! AMEN!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145