Good Morning! Exodus 34:2

Good Morning!  Exodus 34:2  says, "Be ready in the morning and present yourself to me!"   God told Moses not to take anyone with him.  I found myself asking, "Why didn't he want anyone to come with him?" 

As I continued reading I came to verse four seeing how Moses carried the two stone tablets up to Mount Sinai early in the morning. I imagined Moses up before the sun rose carrying the new stone tablets up the mountain. I am pretty sure I would have said, "Too much work, I am not going."  Do you think he knew what would happen when he got to the top?  Do I know what encouragement I could be missing? 

As I read verse 5  my heart is just pounding.  The Lord came down in the cloud and stood there with him!!  and proclaimed HIS NAME!!!!   Moses came with the tablets in his hands and God came and stood there with him.  WOW! My words on this page do not do justice to the amount of amazement and awe there is in these words in Exodus. 

God proclaimed to Moses, "The Lord, The Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousand, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.  Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation."  Which one of these qualities of God will we take with us today ?

Moses's response was to bow down and worship.  He confesses his sin and the sin of the people and says "If I have found favor in your eyes then let the Lord go with us."  What part does confession have in our daily life?

This was just a small snapshot of  the first nine verses of Exodus 34.  I want to invite you who follow the word, to open it each day.  Yes, preferably in the morning so it can guide our mind and heart for what God has planned for our day.  I do want you to imagine as you wake up each morning, "God is inviting me to open His word, have Him stand with me and proclaim Himself and who he is and what his plans are for me."

I don't want to miss having him stand beside me as I begin my day!!  Do you?   

P.S.  This is a blog that will post each Monday. My hope and prayer would be that you AND I would carry His word with us throughout the week.  I will see you Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Here we go!!

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145