Psalm 84 continued again

I would rather be a door keeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tent of the wicked...verse 10b

I have to be honest with you when I first read this verse I thought to myself, "That depends what the wicked are doing."  Sometimes the easy path looks so good to me.  I started to classify certain actions as differing degrees of wickedness I found myself  getting caught up in "judging" which sin is ok and which one is not. As I dug in a bit, searched my own thoughts and heart, and heard the gospel message preached yesterday, it became very clear that the tents of the wicked are those who don't see themselves as needing a Savior.  If I am left to myself I will choose the tents of the wicked everytime.  Sinful nature? Yep! 

The truth is when I read the verse again and again it becomes very clear I would rather be a door keeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tent of I am "ok"  I am really not that bad and I really don't need Jesus blood to pay for my sins cause mine aren't that bad, OR, I am free to do whatever I please because He set me free.  I am free to be a door keeper or whatever God chooses because He paid the price and set me free.  Free to love Him!  That love transforms us!!  It frees us to serve because we love Him!!

I am free to be a doorkeeper because Jesus looked down on me and said I love you and I want to take your sin!  Will you repent and follow me?  It took me a LONG time to see my sin!  I kept choosing to say mine isn't so bad look at that one over there!   I saw my own sin when someone else told how bad her outward sin was and God showed me my self rightous sin and it didn't look any different!

A door keeper?  Am I really OK with being a door keeper?  Am I willing to be or do whatever He chooses?  Those are some hard questions!  Cancer? Sickness? Jobless? Childless?  Is being a door keeper in my God's enough even when life is tough?  Something to wrestle with...yes! 

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145