What causes me to worship?

So today the question that is stuck in my mind is, "What causes me to worship?"  We can put it another way also, "Why do I serve/love?"   Maybe we can even word it "Who do I worship?"  Maybe even another way to ask the question is, "What motivates me to serve/love God?" 

My mind often drifts, ADD maybe, Holy Spirit maybe? I don't know the reason for it.  I sing something, I hear something, the mind turns on and the questions start coming.   I heard a speaker ask the question, "What causes me to worship?"    I found myself asking another question....

...Who do I worship?  This question shows up in my actions most everyday.  We are doing a study from a book called, "Feminine Appeal" and this last weeks discussion brought up a lot of discussionn.  We talked about lust, purity and even sex (in church).  I get home from those studies and once again my mind starts to run and think of all the ladies and the answers we all shared.  We learn so much from each other!!  Oops, sorry got off track from the question sort of.  The answers we all gave came back to "self".  It both classes the resounding word that came up was self.  It became a joke because most answers of lust came back to self, which brings me back to, "Who do I worship?"

The need for Christ and the cross is CENTRAL in the walk of a Christian.  I will most always choose self and serving me unless I am constantly looking to the one who made me and being daily sanctified by the one who saved me from myself, Jesus!  The truth is I like to sin, I am bent towards it!  Sinful nature?  Yep!  

So, with that sin and self in mind, "What causes me to worship?"

Is it because Jesus saved me from death/hell?
Is it because I think I need to serve and do good things so He loves me more?
Is it because I am amazed that He sent His one and ONLY son for me so I don't have to suffer in hell?
Is it because he has blessed me with a great ______________?
Is it simply because of His grace that HE gave me and the Faith He gave me?

As I sit here typing, it is apparent I got nothing because He gave me EVERYTHING! There was a quote I came across this week that lingers in my mind...

...This world isn't meant to totally satisfy you, God wants to completely satisfy you!   Sometimes life is really hard and sometimes life is really easy.  Sometimes we can see the blessings and sometimes we can't see them,but lets never lose sight of the one thing we have....Christ! 

My Jesus I love thee I know thou art mine...for thee all the folly's of sin I resign...my gracious redeemer my Savior art thou mine.  I love thee because thou first loved me and purchased me.... Selah is singing this as I finish typing! 

In His grip daily beside all of  you!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145