Forgiveness

Good Morning!

I was thinking about "love" this morning as I sat with my cup of coffee and my paper and waited on the Lord. Last weeks verse was about being able to love because Christ loved us first.  Do you find loving people we like is pretty easy and it is even kind of easy to love those we don't like.  We can be the first to love someone but the question I had for myself was...

...how come I can't be the first to forgive someone.
 
Forgiveness is a place I can get stuck! Loving seems easy compared to forgiveness.  I think they may go hand in hand.

This weeks verse is from Colossians 3:13 

Bear with each other
and forgive whatever grievenaces
you may have aginst one another.
Forgive as the Lord forgave you

It sounds so easy as you "read" it in your Bible!  It sounds so easy as you "think" about forgiveness.  Can it be easy if we stay in step with the spirit as we walk through our day?  Is forgiveness supposed to be hard for us so we see our need to call for Jesus in our lives daily, moment by moment?

Who needs your love today?  Who needs your forgiveness?  Is it you?  Is it a family member?  How about a friend?  The easy part is identifying who it is, the hard part is laying down ourselves and our attitudes.  Jesus is ready to help.  Have you asked yet?
     

Comments

  1. I find love and forgiveness go hand in hand. When I am harboring unforgiveness and I search my heart, I find that I'm also not loving the person. I have to turn to Jesus and ask Him to fill me with HIS love for that person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amelia,
    I LOVE how you ask for His love for the person. I too have found that is the only love that lasts!! Love your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145