One more song

Do you ever get really confused?  Do you ever feel you just can't focus?  Do you ever wish God gave directions verbally like he did in the old testament?  He still speaks today but it seems we need to be A LOT more quiet to hear it.  I am taking a class that requires me to listen to lectures via my computer.  The professors name was David Powlison and he talked about the fruit of the spirit today and it reminded me of a couple things.  One being a song...
  
http://youtu.be/3J1mqpLXnCc

Sure is a catchy tune!

One of the comments of the professor was, "If you are a Christian you will begin to see the fruit of the spirit being more evident in your life"  The older you get as a Christian the more evident the fruit will be.He also said that you will recognize people who are Christians by those fruits of the spirit.   Maybe this thought is old to you or maybe it is new to you, but this comment really made me think and I guess it was kind of new to me.  We live in a world that values busyness and often times we may even be tempted to look at the lady who sings in the choir, cleans the church AND brings meals to the sick and shut in, as a REALLY good Christian.  What if I do all those good things with a heart that says look at me?  What if I do it with a heart that says, "I can't believe no one else does this?"  I can't determine the heart and motives of another person but I can look at myself and examine my own heart and motives of why I do what I do.  Is being a Christian about volunteering at church or in the community or is it more about exhibiting the fruits of the spirit?  What part does the fruit of the spirit have in my serving my Father in heaven?  These were the big questions I wrestled with this week...along with many others.  

This update was a bit deep, I know!  It seems the more I learn and the more people I hear the more I wonder what the Christian life looks like.  We run and run and run and sometimes I find myself wondering why and where are we all running to.  Do you ever wonder that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Here we go!!

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145