How do I follow?


    Psalm 27:13-14 
 I remain confident of this:
   I will see the goodness of the LORD
   in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
   be strong and take heart
   and wait for the LORD.


How do we wait?  How do we follow?  How do we make decisions by following the word?  What does it mean to take up your cross and follow Christ? 

These are the questions I often ask and I am hearing many others share the same questions.  What does it mean to wait on the Lord when you have to make a decision?  Is an open door always the Lords direction? 

I am reading a book right now (one amoung many)  I am finding out how ADD I am when it comes to books.  There are so many good ones and I want to read them all NOW.  It is probably more about my wanting to rush thru life rather than my ADD!  Anyway...The book is by Chip Ingram, and the title is, Sex 180.  I think it is chapter 12 that nails it completely.  We can't do any of "this"!  This meaning the directions and commands of the Bible.  We NEED Jesus' empowerment.  He is more interested in a relationship with us FIRST than any other thing we could do or not do!  I highlighted the whole chapter.  Chip goes on to say "Just wait" isn't enough to keep us from wrong choices, we need to know the why and the how and have convictions based on what God wants for our relationship with Him.

How do I follow the word?  Even the title of the blog "JUST follow the word"  Is it as easy as that?  "Just"?  He tells us to stay in step with the spirit.  How can I stay in step with the Spirit if I am not tuned in to the Word?   

I love that little devotional called, "My heart Christs home"  It is like $1.99 @ Parable or Family Bookstores.  It basically has a chair in the living room as a picture of Christ waiting for you and Ito sit down with Him and talk with Him and we continue to walk past it. The devotional reminds us of how much God wants to sit with us and talk with us because He loves us and desires to clean our hearts and lives up.

How do I follow?  Could it be by asking Christ to make a home in my heart and letting Him begin to clean out the junk (sin) that is yucky and begin to replace it with His love and His fruit?  

How do you follow?  Who are the people in your life that give you honest good direction to the foot of the cross where Jesus took your sin?  That love really is amazing love!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145