Who is God and who am I?

Day after day the same question knocks on my hearts door, "Who is God and who am I?"

Sometimes I wonder if the "lack" of wondering about this question causes me to be lulled to sleep in my Christian walk.

I wonder as I roll over early in the morning and took my first breath if I realized who gave me that breath. I wonder if I would worship God as my creator.

I wonder as I slip my feet out of my warm bed and get up to make the coffee, take a shower, brush my teeth or go to the bathroom if I realized who provides the strength to move my body out of that warm bed. I wonder if I would worship God as my strength.

I wonder if as I want to crawl back into that warm bed I just got out of if I realized who provided the warm bed.  I wonder if I would worship God as my provider.

I wonder as I start my day at work, home or school if I realized who enabled me to "start" my day.  I wonder if I would worship God as my enabler.

I wonder as I sit in some circumstances that have come into my life because of wrong choices that he has allowed to show me who I am and my need for a Savior who wants to redeem me if realized I have a need for the Father. I wonder if I would worship God as my Father.

I wonder as I discover I have a life long disease that will eventually take my life if I realized the affects of the fall/sin has on my life.  I wonder if I would worship God as my Savior.

Who has God shown himself to be in your life? What are the ways God has used to show you who you are and who He is?

Check out who Paul discovered himself to be in Romans 1:1-6

Check out Job and how he discovered who gave him life in Job 33:4

Check out the very beginning of time and who God is in nature.  Genesis 2:7  

      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145