Laughing in the face of enemies

Good Morning,

It was an interesting experience last Sunday. It has been on my mind all week. It was an event that I have never been a part of before. It was something that was personal. It was something I was invited to.

Are you wondering what IT was?

My experience last week isn't for me to share but my observations in it and of it I want to share with you this morning.

The phrase "I laugh in the face of my enemies" keeps coming up for me as I recall the moment last Sunday. I got to watch an absolutely beautiful gal/lady/friend laugh in the face of cancer.

I watched her teach her young daughter what life on this earth is about.
I watched her draw her strength from her sheperd.
I watched her tears as cancer screamed to try take away her joy and who she is in Christ.
I watched her connect her daughter to the creator.
I watched her as I have watched her before as she lives Christ out before all who know her.

As I thought of the phrase, "I laugh in the face of my enemies" and thought of her as an example of this; I googled the phrase and came up with Micah 7:8

Do not gloat over me,my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light!

That is what "IT was" for me last week and grabbed my thoughts all week. Cancer has a way of trying to gloat over us, it is part of the fall that causes sin and sickness and sadness. It will be a part of this world until Jesus comes to restore His earth back to its perfect state before man tried to choose what is best for himself.

I got a front seat to watch how the enemy tries to gloat over us. I got to watch someone fall and rise because of the hope of the cross and the power it gives. I got to listen to see how darkness threatens to hold us in that fallen spot. I got to watch as this beautiful lady said to me and to her precious daughter through her actions that The Lord will be my light and my life!

If you are one who the enemy is trying to gloat over. Remember who the enemy is, he is the chief liar. There are times when we fall because we are weak but we have a Savior that walked this road and conquered it all, and promises that he will restore it someday. Hold on to the one who has the power to overcome!

Thankful for this pilgrim! Most thankful for the one who called this pilgrim His own and named her before she was born!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Here we go!!

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145