The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145

I was listening to the radio yesterday and the question they asked was, "Why would you want to watch the royal wedding?"  A few callers called in with a few reasons with one of those being...
...It is kind of like a girls super bowl. 

The second thought someone had phone in was that if we compared it to King David and Bible times we could understand the royalty of that time in scripture.  One of the callers suggested that we read Psalm 145 in comparison of this royal day. 

I have to admit I really had no intention of watching the event at all.  My husband and I figured we would just stay in bed a little longer because the news and weather wouldn't be one anyways.  But our internal alarm clocks went off and we found ourselves watching the event and the cars and the guests coming and being announced as they approached the church. The cheering was so loud and as Kate approached I found myself a little excited and caught up in the "princess" part of the day.  They say every girl wants to be a princess.  I also found myself thinking about how Kate must be feeling, how her Dad was feeling and how each guest there felt as they were watching it all take place.

I had to stop watching soon after they sang "Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah" and the pastor spoke on a wedding and its meaning.  It was really awesome to hear the church singing, something I didn't expect or anticipate this at all. I got the kids off to school and sat down with Psalm 145.  This is what I found...I wonder what you will find and YES I would LOVE to hear what you discover.

Verse 3 - His greatness no one can fathom
The greatness I seen in watching the royal wedding is JUST a glimpse of the greatness of the Lord that will be revealed to those who love Him.  I was enthralled with the pomp and circumstance of the wedding and the preparations and to compare it with Christ coming and being His bride was really exciting. I watched as William mouthed the words, "You are beautiful!" to Kate.  It reminded me of a verse in Isaiah that says, "You are precious and honored in my sight, and I love you!" 

As the news reported of how the Queen and Camilla prepared Kate for this day and this life I noticed how verse four says "One generation will commend your works to another."  I found myself thinking about how I am preparing myself and others for the day when Christ comes again. The generations can help and encourage each other so much. Am I talking of Gods work in my life and the lives before me?

As Kate began the walk with her Dad I notice how tightly she was holding his hand, and I do think it was his right hand, and once again I  thought of Isaiah 41:10, "Do not fear I will hold you by my righteous right hand!"  God holds us with his righteous right hand and it was a neat reminder as Kate held so tightly to her fathers hand.

How beautiful did Kate look in her wedding dress?  How beautiful do Gods children look arrayed in His robe of righteousness?  All our works are like filthy rags compared to His righteousness! We are nothing and not so beautiful on our own. His gift of salvation and His robe of righteousness He gives us as he paid the price for our sin is the best robe of all!

As the wedding begins I think that I hear a familiar hymn.  It cannot be but it is, "Guide me O Thou Great Jehovah!"  Psalm 145:7 says, "They will celebrate the abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness."   Then verse 7 speaks of feed me just as one of the verses of this song says, "Feed me with thy powerful hand."  So many people watching so many people singing!  I am thinking I wonder if they all know who they are singing about?  What a great way to start a day!  I do not know anything about Kate or William, but I do know the Great Jehovah and all those watching this wedding heard His name today!

I have one last verse and I will let you all go!  Verse 21 says, "My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord."   The preacher began the ceremony speaking of God and His design for marriage.  I found myself surprised by the wedding and the words spoken this morning!  The preachers words reminded me of my marriage to my husband and my life with Christ.  Does my mouth speak praise of God?  Does my mouth speak praise for my husband?

I had no idea I was going to watch part of the royal wedding and that God would use it to remind me of Him and His jealous love for me!  I had no idea that this wedding would have so much to relate to my life and walk with Christ.  We can get wrapped up in the media and junk of who everyone is/was and if they will stay together but today I am glad God reminded me that He knows who I am and He invites me into His fellowship everyday not just on a wedding day of Kate and William!  I am glad He arrayed me in His robe of righteousness and holds me by his right hand and I get to choose to sing "Guide me O Thou Great Jehovah!"  

What does God want to remind you of about himself today?

Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!...isn't it awesome how God reveals himself? isn't it interesting how when you are in His word, you are more likely to see things through His eyes? i wondered too, how many people in the audience heard those precious words about Him in song or simply heard 'tradition'...the announcers saw so many details, but missed the foundation...any way you look at it...i love what you caught about us being precious & honored in His sight (one of my favorites)...the beauty, the tiara from days of old, the magnitude of the church, the sound of the bells, the palace, the party...ALL JUST A GLIMPSE OF WHAT OUR ETERNAL HOME WILL BE LIKE....YEE-HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you picked up in the beauty of the Church! The Party!! Yee HA!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness