Re lief

It is 5 minute Friday and the word today is Relief.  Yes the first song that pops in to my head is an old commercial.  "Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is." Yes, Alka Seltzer.

And then, as usual my mind asks questions, "What is relief for me?"  What has been relief for you?  I have found relief in many places over the years but today I wonder over my younger years of seeking relief.

I have been pondering food lately.  I had an issue with food as a young teen.  It started so innocently with a few pounds that maybe "needed" to come off.   Yes I was in the Pretty Plus section at Sears, luckily we didn't shop at JC Penny because then it would be Husky section.

Relief to me was feeling a hunger pain as I lay my head on my pillow.
Relief was swimming nightly all summer long to get my laps in.
Relief to me was wrapped up in what I deemed success.

When I went back to school that Fall and heard you look amazing from shocked faces...

Mans approval then became my RELIEF... and 5 minutes are gone but we will continue this again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Here we go!!

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145