Isaiah 59:16

Good Morning! 

It looks like Christmas in West Michigan today!  If this was November or December I would be VERY excited that we could have a white Christmas! But... its April. 
As I looked out this morning I have to say I was displeased with what I saw. As I read the scripture today I had to think how small my displeasure is compared to Gods as He looked around in verse 15.

Truth was no where to be found.  Whoever shuns evil becomes a prey. The Lord looked and was displeased that there was no justice.  He saw that there was no one.  He was appalled that there was no one to intervene;  SO His own arm worked salvation for him, and His own righteousness sustained him.  

This verse seems to say, "He did it ALL!"  I had nothing to do with it.  It doesn't say he looked around and saw that ___________ (put your name here) was doing some great work with the homeless.  Neither does it say that He looked and saw ___________ studying the Bible and memorizing scripture.  He saw no one! Why do I do the things I do?  Why did God save me?  What is my purpose in life today?
Take a minute and look at Ephesians 2:8-10 to find some answers today.

His own arm worked salvation!  His own righteousness sustained Him!  Amazing Love!  He needs nothing from us but he desires to walk with us.  Amazing Grace!  Spend some time looking at verse 16...

As Easter approaches this week pick up His breastplate of righteousness and His helmet of salvation and spend sometime with Isaiah 59:15-18 and see what God has to say to you.     

Have a great week preparing to celebrate the best gift God ever gave...The risen Savior!    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145