Genesis 4:7

Genesis 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?  But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.

This verse on its own sound like WE must simply say no to sin and master it and go about our day.  It reminds me why it is soooo important to look at the whole Bible.  We know that Adam and Eve chose the apple and by that action we too are born with a sinful nature.  We also will travel in the Bible to the work of Jesus on the cross and the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.  But this verse today reminds us that sin is something we will continue to struggle with until Jesus comes again or God takes us home. I have to say that if I would have read this verse 20 years ago I would have heaped a boat load of guilt on myself because "I" do not all the time choose right, and "I" do not master it enough according to my standards.

The only  3 questions I want to ask for day 1 on this memory verse is, "Who paid the price to set me free from the power of sin?"  and "Who do I need in my life to be able to live a life of contentment and freedom and joy?  Will you and I ask Him for the help I need today?

I will post again tomorrow with some more questions and verses to help us learn Genesis 4:7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145