Day 3 Gen 4:7

If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?  But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door;  it desires to have you, but you must master it.

What do you think sin desires to have you means?

This morning I woke up and "felt" crabby.  I was recalling some things that happened yesterday and then I began to replay them in my head and then I began this conversation with myself beginning to add fuel to my fire,and then, and then,...I became angry and bothered.

It wasn't until I sat down with this verse and read the question did I realize the sin of anger was desiring to have me. If I can just simply realize that when I give into my sinful nature and let it run wild the enemy wins. 

Check out Proverbs 1:10-11 today, it encourages us to not let sinners entice you and not to give into them.  Sometimes our attitudes want to entice us sometimes it is others that want to entice us into sin but...we don't have to give in to them.  If we belong to God we have been free from the power of sin and we have His power to claim and are able to stand firm and be courageous.

Sin crouches at my door constantly, it entices and desires to have me BUT..I have a God that is greater than He that is in the world and HE is ready and able to help as I walk talk and call to him in every situation!

Happy Wednesday!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145