Learning

So....

...I have been reading a book called Feminine Appeal.  It is about 7 virtues of a godly wife and mother.  I have combined that book with Capture His Heart,(one that I will forever give as a gift for wedding couples, combined with Capture Her Heart.)  I also have been introduced to a book called Sacred Influence by Gary Thomas. 

The first book, Feminine Appeal is a book that our church will be doing as a book study this fall.  It is our churches desire to bring the roles of wives and mothers under the direction of the Bible.  As I read this it is amazing how far off "we" have gotten from Biblical submission.  On one side we have the cave man with club in hand submission, and the other hand we find the I am woman hear me roar, submit to him, what? It kind of leaves you with "What is submission REALLY look like?"

Well, yesterday I have a mature lady come up to me and say, "I have been reading that book and I have to confess I have always put my children before my husband."  This is where my thoughts wanted to encourage her and say it is ok...

...I sat in church thinking about this lady and my own convictions while reading the book. I thought, "What does God have to say about our failures or short comings?"  Do we just say, Oh well, God understands?  Do we say, I am a terrible person how could I do such a thing? Or does God want us to say, "Where to now Lord?"

I looked up works yesterday because I wanted to see what God said about "our" work and "his" work.  I came across Philippians 1:6 and thought this is the memory verse for the week...

Being confident of this, that HE who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.     

So...the gift of conviction...I didn't do something the way God intends...humbled heart...uplifted face to the Father...He began a good work in me and you and HE will carry it on to completion.

Lets keep looking up together!

What are some ways you keep your eyes lifted up and looking to Jesus each day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145