Corn?

Good Morning!!

                             I am learning how to down load pictures on to a blog so bear with me. 





I don't know how may of you watch Mrs. Fords funeral last week but I found myself "trying" to catch it whenever I could.  Sometimes people wonder why all the pomp and circumstance for her, she wasn't the President.  She was the presidents helpmate!  What an important role! I am learning a lot this summer about the role of wives throught a few books...Feminine Appeal and Sacred Influence! I couldn't help but notice what she brought out during her life. Depression was brought out into the light, substance abuse was brought out into the light and in reading some highlights in the press she also had breast cancer that caused her to identify with many women around the country.      

At this point you are wondering what the picture of corn and Mrs Fords funeral have in common...
...I will try to show you my thought process (scary). 

During the funeral I caught their son talking of a verse that President and Mrs Ford prayed for each of their children each night. 

It was Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.

They prayed that their children would trust God FIRST and follow Him with ALL of their hearts without leaning on their OWN understanding.  They prayed that they would early in life SEE God and recognize that HE would make their paths straight.

It was really cool to see the Presidents son stand up and give so much glory to God.  He spoke of His parents with respect and love but mostly he spoke of God and the gift of salvation.  Well the corn picture might be a stretch to the thought process but the first thing I thought of when I looked at the picture was the straight rows...God makes our paths straight. 

As you look at this picture you can not see the end of the rows just as we can't see the end of our life. Trusting that God is making our path straight isn't always easy.  Our lives often do not resemble these corn rows but as God looks down on our path I wonder if it looks straighter to Him than it does to us?

How can we tuck this verse in our heart today?  What does it mean to acknowledge God? What does it mean to NOT lean on my understanding? Who am I leaning on today?

If you haven't guessed it our memory verse for the week is Proverbs 3:5-6 and as you travel the roads notice the corn rows and remember who makes OUR paths straight.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145