And God said, "Let there be land."

Psalm 63:2-5


Good Morning!
Another picture of Alaska and another thought about what God impressed on me while I was away.

This picture was taken from one of Kingdom Airs planes.  They train men to be missionary bush pilots and we were able to go up with some of the men he trained. The pictures really don't do it justice, it being the beauty of Alaska!  This was ONE of many pictures I took of scenery and often times I would catch myself with my mouth hanging open over the unbelievable creation/scenery. 

I wonder as we described life and  replaced the word scenery with creation  if we would tend to think of God and all what he created more often?  Just a thought. 

Well before I left I was asked to give suggestions for some devotions while we were in Alaska.  My first place I went was Psalms because it often talks of mountains, creation and the grandeur of God and His work.  I am still reading some of those Psalms and the one I wanted to share with you is Psalm 63:2-5

  2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
   and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
   my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
   and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
   with singing lips my mouth will praise you.


At one time we were riding down the highway once again surrounded by ever changing mountains with mouth hanging open.  I found myself shaking my head in utter amazement.  My daughter looked at me and just smiled and said, "I know."   We just couldn't get over the scenery!  I said to her I just can't believe all God said was, "Let there be land." With just His word!  Not ta - da, not abracadabra, just His word! Sharper than any two edge sword.

This time in Alaska put Psalm 62 in perspective!  I have seen you in the sanctuary! I know many of you will never get to Alaska but I wonder how many times we miss His creation around us.  I know people who fish and hunt and bike ride and care for children. His scenery is everywhere!
My life is often times too busy to notice His scenery!  He isn't just amazing in Alaska, His creation is amazing right here in our families and surroundings in our lives right where we are.

I think one more reason I went to Alaska was to see Him in His sanctuary and bring that home with me!  Where will we see Him today?  I can't wait to hear and see what He reveals to us today!      
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145