Nadine from Alaska

Good Morning!
It has been more than a week since I last blogged, I was gone to Alaska for a bit.  Our church goes on a mission trip every year to Victory Bible Camp in Alaska and this year my daughter and I got to go along.  What a trip!

I hope to share some pictures and some lessons that I learned while I was there in the next few weeks, but today I want to share about the person I met while I was there. Her name was Nadine!

I left for Alaska with no expectations.  I read Psalm 5:3 before I left, it advised me to lay my expectations before the Lord.  The only problem I had was that I didn't have any expectations.  I really kind of left with the question, "Why am I going Lord?  Why did you allow me to go on this trip?"  Every day we worked and we did fun things I kept looking and waiting to see what it was that God wanted to show me or use me for in Alaska.

Well, Wednesday night we got to meet a lady named Nadine.  She is 92 and the founder of Victory Bible Camps wife.  She lives on top of one of the mountains at the camp with an incredible view!  The first thing she asks as we were standing with our mouths open looking at her view from her living room was, "Do you know who made these mountains?"  It felt like I was back in Sunday School where every answer you didn't know you said, God.  We all said God, and with a gleam in her eye and joy in her heart she says, My Father made these mountains!"  You had to be there to see the excitement in her eyes!  She wanted us to know the Father she knew!

She told her story of how Victory was established.  She told the good parts, and the bad parts,  It definately was not the prosperity gospel.  The thing that stuck with me is that at every part of her journey she kept saying ..."God said he would supply all of your needs according to His glorious riches."  There was a time that God didn't meet their need immediately and she wondered why for many years.  When God began to reveal the "why" of the waiting she seen that they had a need to be humbled at that time. Her faith was amazing!  She BELIEVED!  No matter what came their way she clung to the fact that God said he would supply all their needs according to His glorious riches!  Her need was met at the cross and the rest was just a bonus! 

This little snipet of the story doesn't show the passion she had but what I walked away with was her BELIEF!  Unwavering faith and belief! 

I read page 266 from Meet With ME this morning. Acts 9:36-43. It reminded me of Nadine from Victory Bible Camp.  It is the story of Peter and Dorcas.  Peter relied on God.  The first thing he did as he was in the room with Dorcas was get on His knees in prayer.  Nadines life showed the same thing.  PRAYER!  A dependance on God not herself!   

What is the first thing I do when I have a need?  I usually cry, worry and then oops remember to pray!

I left Alaska with a renewed Faith and courage to BELIEVE!  Do I believe God in good times and in bad times?  Nadine did and Gods glory shown through her!        

Comments

  1. Meribeth, Nadine is one of the many reasons we have been to Victory Bible her life with her husband John has been truly an inspiration to Bob and I.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145