Psalm 84 continued

As I was thinking of verse 1 of Psalm 84 yesterday I thought of some people in my life and also my own life  that are and have gone through some really hard times.  The blog made it sound so easy just to look up and say "How lovely is your dwelling place Lord Almighty!"  We fight against our own fleshy desires and our enemy prowls around looking to get our focus down on the problems... he  often times goes to great lengths to keep our eyes and lips from saying, "How lovely is your dwelling place!"

I have to be honest as I read verse two, which says "My soul yearns, even faints for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."  I actually thought to myself and confessed to the Lord that often times my heart cries out to EASY times and for "my"courts and for "me"  and the my living god of myself.  Sure there are times when I look so forward to when I get to see Jesus face to face and live in His presence today but in the day to day "stuff" we all have, I have my eyes down looking at  "me" and cry out for easy times that suit my fancy...I sometimes can hear myself say ..."This is too hard"  Then I traveled to verse three and noticed the sparrow is taken care of and has found a home near the Lords altar...if only I could be a sparrow!  Although they do have to be concerned about getting shot... (Sorry, I have boys and yes they shoot things.)  A funny side note on that....we always taught them to eat what they shot and the day they got their first bird (sparrow) they brought it to the house to have me pluck it and cook it  :/, O boy!! 

I want to finish with verse 4 reminding us that those who dwell in Gods house are blessed and are ever praising Him.  No that does not mean we live in "church" but it does say we will and can praise Him because He has made a way by the death and resurrection of His son!!!  Focus on Him asking Him how you and I can bring Him glory when things are hard, and THEN  praise Him in the strength He gives!        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145