Where have we been and where are we headed?

Good Morning!

Does the start of school make you say good bye to summer?  Have you celebrated the end of  the summer?  Are you celebrating the beginning of school?  I had heard somewhere it is important to celebrate both the beginning and the end of things. So today we look back and we look forward!  So glad God knows where we have been and where we are going!  

Where have you been both physically and spiritually this summer?  This was the question a friend was going to ask a group of believers.  My thoughts went in many different directions as we discussed the question.  We prayed for honesty for each woman present.  We prayed that God would bring down walls. 

Personally speaking, If I was asked that question in a group, I might have answered not quite so honestly.   I would "say" I have been in the word because really I wanted to be there. The other reason I would say I have been in the word is, "What will they think if I was not in the word?"  I often forget every bodies walk is different. Summer means something different for different people.Some walk away from the year of "school" in the church and miss that accountability of having to do a lesson. 
Some walk away excited to open their Bible to wherever they choose.  Some use the summer to read some books that help them learn something. 
Some walk away and simply check out. 
Some use the summer to see creation and relax and "see" God's handiwork. 

I often times get stuck in what others think, instead of what my Father has to say.  The more I know Him the less I care about what others think.The bigger question could be, "Why do we use summer the way we do?"  Fortunately that is a conversation  that we get to have with God He knows our hearts perfectly.  We can usually look at someone else and see how they use or don't use the summer the way we would, but, what about me.  How do I use my time?  Where have I been this summer?

Where will you be headed this fall?  It is a new beginning! How will you and I put time aside to worship and ask God for His direction?  Another question...Will you and I listen?  We live in a BUSY world where hearing is a big challenge..

This phrase from the Bible comes to me, "Call to me and I will tell you great and unsearchable things!"  This was a verse my kids learned in VBS MANY years ago.  It stuck!! Unfortunately the address didn't....if you know where it is let me know :) 

Celebrate what was and Celebrate what is to come! Call to Him He promises to tell you great things!      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Here we go!!

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145