No good thing does He withhold?

This is really the last post on Psalm 84, still verse 11 and I can't say it enough that if life has you unable to get to that Bible Study or be a part of a small group some where... spend some time in the Psalms.  One verse can say so much for so long.  I know I have to remember myself, His word will not come back empty!!

So, still contemplating the "good" that God promies in our life?  Did you happen to notice the comment on the weekend post out of Genesis.  I absolutely loved it!  He is our shield and reward!  We can look for "things" as good, but I couldn't help but to think, He promises HIMSELF and that IS good!  Thanks Shelly for pointing us up!!

I was reading a book by Chip Ingram called, "God as He longs for you to see Him".  I have said it before but this IS one that will go down in the, got to have it pile!  On page 128 he quotes a professor saying, "The wisdom of God tells us that God will bring about the best possible results, by the best possible means, for the most possible people, for the longest possible time."  He goes on to ask the question, "Can you fathom what a difference it woud make if you were absolutely convinced that a sovereign, good, loving God is producing the best possible results in your life by the best possible means - not his Plan B or C but the Plan A he designed specifically for you? He ends by saying, "I discovered the truth that until we grasp what it means that God is all wise we will never be able to trust and rest in his wise plan for our lives. 

He promises us that all things work for good and that good = putting things in our lives that will transform us into the image of His son.  This statement honestly  puts some fear and excitement in my bones.  The things in my life are filtered by my Fathers loving hands.  That has to remain in the forefront of my mind!

We, as many of you had a sermon that touched on 9-11.  Our Pastor ended with Job talking with God and God asking him, "Were you there when I hung the stars in place were you there when I created the earth?"  I know I need to remember who I am and who He is!  I heard someone else's church sung "This is my Fathers world." to remind them of who God is.  Great reminders of who God is and who we are!

One last thing!!  I just noticed something in verse 11. The very first part of  the verse says God is a sun and shield!!   Check out the verse Shelly referenced in Genesis 15:1  I LOVE how scripture supports itself and tells the same story in every verse!!

Happy Monday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145