Philippians 3 the end?

We really are going to finish this chapter today!! Maybe!

I jumped in at verse 15. "Let those of us who are mature think this way and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you." I love this one! So those who are mature really do realize they are not yet mature/perfect! We don't and won't have it all together. In reality we won't ever totally get it until...HEAVEN!

So, let us hold on to what Christ has attained for us!! No room for worshipping self as you hold on to Christ!

Paul continues on in verse 17 to say imitate me, keep your eyes on those who follow Jesus's example. Is Jesus's example to deny self? What does that look like?

I am looking at verse 18 where it says many live as enemies to the cross, their god is their belly and their minds are set on earthly things. What does that really look like in our day to day life? How do I choose to live for things that will fade away?

And my favorite word in the Bible! BUT...but our citizenship is in heaven! This is not our home...do you hear that song? This is not where I belong...la la la...the words are not all coming to me but the song is a great reminder of where our home is!

So, transformation is part of our walk! Paul asks us to stand firm "in" the Lord!! We can't do any of is without Jesus and the cross he conquered!

What excites you about following Jesus? What scares you? What is the joy in following Him?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145