Convenient

It is 5 minute Friday again.  Fridays come quick, but not as quick as Mondays :)

I think the word convenient is quite convenient to be the word for this week due to what happened in New York this week.  And, how convenient that it was right after the Sanctity of Life Sunday and the March for Life in Washington.

Is anything other than fun, ever convenient? And actually, sometimes, if you are a workaholic planning fun is not convenient either.

I am beginning, well I began about 3-4 years ago caring for my aging parents.  I found from the very beginning it is and was never convenient.  I also learned I like a plan in my day and old people and babies are pretty hard to plan.  Please don't take offense to the word "old people."  As I sat in church in Sunday, and listened and watched all the years of people representing the length of time we have stood for life, it hit me.  If you don't have power or a voice you don't have a choice.  That may be convenient for some but it caused me to ponder. 

What do I choose when it is convenient? Why do I choose the path of least resistance, the convenient one?

My answer is, "I love me more than anyone because of Adam and the nature I inherited, sin." The only way possible for me to begin to choose life and obedience is to look at the one who did it perfectly, Jesus. 

His life for the glory of His Father was not convenient.  What can I choose because of His life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145