Good Morning!

It is a beautiful morning in West Michigan!  I got out for a walk early this morning and discovered alot of different smells in the country.  I am a HUGE smeller and as I walked I found myself finding the scent of flowers, wet fresh cut grass, damp dirt, laundry and simply just fresh morning air.  I love morning!! 

Here are a few of the things that God brings to mind as I take in the quiet morning. 
As I smell the fresh air I remember God's mercies are new every morning. 
As I smell the laundry of the neighbor I remember Jesus washed me white as snow. 
As I smell the fresh cut grass I remember God prunes and trims the stuff in my life that doesn't reflect His glory. 

The one thing that always comes up for me with any fragrance whether it is a good smell or a "country" smell, is a verse that tells me I am a fragrance of Christ to those I meet each day!  

   2 Corinthians 2:14
  But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.

My question I often ask myself after I have been stinky is "What kind of aroma am I spreading?"  I wonder if I might smell better if I began the day thinking of being the aroma of Christ AND asking Him to fill me up.   

We have spent quite some time memorizing some great scriptures about God and creation, how sin entered the world, how we are saved, that we because of Adam have all sinned and the gift of repentance. I hope each of us were refreshed by repentance last week.  Lets remember we are Christs aroma THIS week!  

I hope to post some questions to help us with this verse this week.  Print it out and put it everywhere...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145