The little things

Just read a post from a new friend from Circle of Friends Ministry.  It was about thinning out.  If I knew how to put a link on this blog I would, but I don't.  It reminded me one more time of to do things WELL!  It was a great story!!

   Since Monday morning, (which is only two days ago) I have had Matthew 25:40 on my heart.  It found me through a book called Capture His Heart.  The verse says, "I tell you the truth what you do for the least of these you do for me."  It isn't in the big things that I try to do, or that my heart desires to do.  It is what I do for those God has ALREADY placed in my life that matter.  The things that seem little are so BIG! 

I think of a Mom of twin 1 year olds and a 3 year old too.  I clean for them and I get to  watch what she does for the least of these and it makes my heart glad when I leave that home.  Her tasks are little in most eyes but as I clean and interact with the family it is very apparent this house is a home where God is present and pleased. 

I even think of the other Moms of little ones and big ones and want to share this verse with them.  It seems so "little" or "unimportant"  but the Lord sees what you do for the least of these! 

How about our husbands that work to provide?  They at times feel defeated, like it isn't important, it really isn't what I desire but...
...these too are the things they do for the least of these.  Maybe we aren't missionaries on a mission field out there somewhere but the things we do for God in His will and in His strength touch the heart of God!

Sometimes we just need to STOP and BE instead of DOING!

What is the "least of these" for you in your life?  Who in your family needs encouragement today! Is it YOU?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145