Week 8 I John 4:19

I John 4:19 – We love because he first loved us.

This verse was sent to me this weekend and once again my mind resonated on it, and brought me back to the verses we are learning for the last 7 weeks.

Week 1 – God created all things and they were good!

Week 2 – We learned of how Satan created doubt about Gods perfect plan

Week 3 we learned how sin continues to crouch at our door and the need to master it

Week 4 – The club we ALL belong to – Sinned and fallen short

Week 5 – Gods grace reached down and we by faith are saved

Week 6 – We have a need for repentance so God can refresh us

Week 7 – We are to be the aroma of Christ.  To some it may be a sweet aroma and others the smell of death


Week 8 – None of this can happen without the love of Christ.  We can not love people on our own.  The only way we can love is because we were first loved by Jesus. 

I asked one of my children, “Why did God choose you to love?”  The reply was, “Because I am His child.”  I proceeded with, “Did you do something to make him love you?”  The answer was, “No.”

This is the conversation that I recalled in my head as I John 4:19 was sent to me this weekend.  We are His children because He first loved us and His pursuing grace draws us and draws us…

To himself!

It is all about Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go!!

Forgiveness

The Royal Wedding and Psalm 145